Freelance science writer
Regular contributor of health, science and environmental content to online media outlets, professional organizations, academic institutions, major health centers and more.
Work has appeared in the Washington Post, APA Monitor on Psychology, HuffPost and The Desert Sun, among other publications. Clients include USC, UCSF Health and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Communications manager at the Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
Produced content for Keck School of Medicine News, USC News, websites, reports and newsletters. Managed press releases, social media and external media relations. Assisted with grant writing and editing.
Editor and writer at Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California
Produced content for award-winning Viterbi Magazine and website. Focused on research projects, awards and outreach efforts within USC’s engineering school.
M.A. in specialized journalism at the University of Southern California
Completed May 2017; specialization in science.
B.A. in neuroscience at the University of Southern California
Completed May 2012; with University Honors: Summa Cum Laude.
Awards and Affiliations
- Winner, 2017 Online Journalism Award (Pro-Am Student Award), Online News Association
- USC Annenberg Knight Scholarship Program on Media and Religion, USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Thomas Campbell Jackson and Pamela Brandt Fellowship, USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Victoria Hall Scholarship, USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Renaissance Scholar, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- SURF Grant for Undergraduate Research, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- SOAR Grant for Undergraduate Research, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
- Member, American Society of Journalists and Authors
Other Professional Experience
Regional Director of Operations at BRICK (Los Angeles and New York)
Managed three boutique fitness facilities with a combined staff of 30 and clientele over 1,000. Led staff development, event planning and execution, customer service, marketing, and budget management. CrossFit Level 1 certified trainer.
Organizational Consultant at Box to Business
Served as a paid consultant for CrossFit, Inc. and individual gym owners on topics ranging from general operations to organizational structure and leadership development.
Lead Research Assistant at Mather Emotion and Cognition Lab
Recruited, screened and tested participants for behavioral and functional MRI studies. Analyzed data; synthesized and presented results; contributed to journal articles detailing the results of research conducted.